We are fast coming up on one of my favorite weeks of the year – the week between Christmas and the New Year! I love it because it’s typically quieter business wise and is a perfect time to pause and take a “time out” for reflecting back on the previous year (what’s worked and what hasn’t), and then think forward to where one wants to go – both professionally and personally.
If you don’t start – You won’t arrive…
- For the past year what was your overall theme?
(I typically identify one to three words to use as “anchors” throughout the year – short and easy to remember: e.g. confidence, letting go, boldness…)
- What were your three biggest wins personally?
- What were your three biggest wins professionally?
- What were the three top lessons you learned?
- What was the one personal quality you developed in 2015?
- List the ways this quality helped you both personally and professionally.
- Looking forward, what do you want your overall theme(s) for 2016 to be?
(I’m already contemplating: joy and energy)
- What are your top three personal goals for 2016?
- What are your top three professional goals for 2016?
- What personal quality do you most want to develop in 2016?
- List the ways this quality will help you move forward both personally and professionally.
My wish for you is that you take the challenges of 2015 (and there have been a few) and move forward into 2016 with confidence and courage!
“Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson